It is with great excitement that I inform you that after almost two years of planning and preparation building has commenced on Phase 1 of the Engineering and Design Faculty at the school. The project is to be completed in two phases. The completion of Phase 1 is scheduled for the end of 2019. Phase 2 is the larger section of the project and we hope to start construction on this phase in January 2020 with the scheduled completion of the entire project being December 2020.
- Project Manager, Doug Gordon of Brite Projects
- Architect, Old Boy Greg Scott – Scott & Partners
- Quantity Surveyors are Multi QS
- Building Contractor for phase one – Granbuild
- Structural Engineer, Old Boy, Mike Hurworth of MH&A Consulting
- Electrical Engineers, Old Boy Martin van Rensburg of Sutherland Engineers
- Town Planner, Old Boy Tommy Brummer of Tommy Brummer & Associates
- Land Surveyors, Richard Abrahamse of David Hellig & Abrahamse.
- Health & Safety, Ruan Buys, Jhb Safety Consultants
As the project continues and the need arises other professionals will be appointed and should you wish to be involved, please contact me directly. email: Jan de Waal
Many of our generous donors have further pledged additional funding towards the project that is to be paid to us in 2020. These funds will be used to finance the construction of Phase 2. We are however still seeking additional funding to complete this phase.
You can download a copy of our funding proposal here. As the project progresses, I will update all interested parties on a regular basis. Thank you all for your interest and support and feel free to contact me for more information.